Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Old School Leica




Malaysia truly never ceases to amaze me. Perhaps it's because it's a melting pot of different people and cultures and each interested in their own thing.

Photography is my latest fixation and a certain brand with the famous red dot really is the camera that really does it for me.

It's something about it's method of taking pictures with a certain glow that none of the other brands can ever do. It's not the end all and be all of photography for sure, but it's the way certain pictures come out that really speaks to me in all the right ways.

I recently discovered a shop called Keat Camera in Pudu. It's like a little museum of Leica for the glory days in the 50s, 60s and 70s, all the way to the digital age. Good little store with an owner that knows everything there is to know about the Leica brand. Looks like my little getaway when time permits.