Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The M4-2



The Leica M4-2 has been my little acquisition lately as I have been bitten by the Shutter bug. I've also been experimenting with some film shooting with no knowledge at all on how the picture will turn out until post production which usually takes 2-3 days. This I would assume is the fun of film as opposed to Digital photography where the results are immediate with reference to the LCD screen.

I'm quite happy with the results I've been getting and will post some pics here shortly. I guess this little M4-2 put some romanticism to my photos which hence is the mystique and charm behind the Leica phenom.

There is also some history behind this camera. Many considered this camera a simplified, cheapened M4, without the famous Leica script top plate engraving and the traditional vulcanite body covering. The M4-2 was the first of the Plain Jane Leicas. However, many also do not know that this is the camera that saved the M series; to know more, do read here.