Monday, November 2, 2009

A true enthusiast

Russian made FED 1

M2

M5

A very rare MD-2

Minolta CLE with M mount

I had the opportunity to visit the home of a very enthusiastic Leica user (as you can see from the above pics). He's actually a Danish that reside here but I have a niggling feeling that his heart's really in Germany (the heartland of Leica :)

His knowledge on everything M is overwhelming and I must say, an afternoon with him has given me a wealth of knowledge of his beloved brand.

His passion does not make him a mere collector but a true user, who makes each of his "prized" possessions a work horse. As you can see, none of his cameras are in "mint" condition like those you see on evil bay or in the hands of those that keep them locked up in dry cabinets.

Truly one of a kind character and I must say I'm very privileged indeed to have made his acquaintance and look forward to the next meeting where we will develop our own negatives in a dark room and all.

Thank you.